homestead - Re: [Homestead] Assorted things

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Assorted things
  • Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2008 12:10:25 -0400

Lynn Wigglesworth wrote:
Bev; have you actually watched the youtube videos? I just watched
over an hour of Dr. Khalid al-Mansour's videos from youtube.

Unfortunately, I can't connect fast enough to watch any video. Surfing
is a very slow activity for me as well. It is one of the reasons I rely
so much on you guys to keep me informed.

He's pro-Islam,
but I didn't see ANYTHING that I found offensive or hateful, unless questioning Christian ideas (in a respectful, non-derogatory way) is
hateful. He has a lot of strong beliefs, like believing that black people are still oppressed because slavery had such a serious psychological effect. He's anti-Israel and doesn't care much for Christianity, but as far a I can see, not violently so...he in fact seems to favor diplomacy in general. He rails against American "Christian" aggression. He has some anger, about everything from the
Crusades, to slavery, to invading Iraq, and sees it all as a
Christian war against Islam. He believes the solution is education,
diplomacy, and 'brothers' helping each other. His Thinking out Loud
is a good summary of his views (but the video itself is poorly done).

His religious views (and I listened to MOST of the Birth and Death of
Christianity) are as annoying to me as listening to a Creationist
for an hour, but not any more threatening or radical. The fact that
he is proud to be Muslim and trying to help blacks doesn't offend me.

There are apparently several videos on Youtube.
IF it is nothing more than what you wrote above, I would still think it disconcerting, but not damning. If it is as what I read below, it would be more damning to be affiliated with the guy.
Here is what I keep seeing a reference to..
from this blog and others:
http://ibloga.blogspot.com/2008/08/why-would-rich-connected-muslim-reach.html

In one of the videos, titled “Christians Designed Discrimination”
uploaded by a YouTube user named IslamStudios, Al-Mansour said,
“White people don't feel bad, whatever you do to them, they deserve
it, God wants you to do it and that's when you cut out the nose, cut
out the ears, take flesh out of their body, don't worry because God
wants you to do it."

He also draws lines between whites and African Americans. “The
Christianity that white people got and the Christianity that black
people got was not the same,” he added.

In this<the word this is a link implying yet another video> video,
Al-Monsour said white people fear Islam. “The whites
are saying we can’t take over Islam, we are going to destroy it. They
don’t care if you become a Buddhist, they don’t care if you are a
Confuscist, you can be a Christian, you can be anything in this world
you want, the only thing they are afraid of is Islam because there is
1 billion 200 million, they don’t want you with that league!

--
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from
the government and I'm here to help.'" Ronald Reagan