homestead - Re: [Homestead] Assorted things

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Assorted things
  • Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 08:38:30 -0700 (PDT)

You have the same approach on these matters as I do; Lynn. Fundamentalist
Christians don't bother me; crazy Jews or Muslims don't bother me; even the
few weirdo Buddhists who think I shouldn't kill a roach don't bother me. As
long as they don't want to kill me

Most of the best people I know are fundamentalist in their beliefs, either
religious or worldview. That's okay as long as I'm not forced to agree or
even pretend I agree. As long as I can smile, act respectful, and then
ignore, I'm fine. Many of the people who believe the way I believe are
jerks. Nothing as more agitating-ly boring than listening to a new atheist
harping the superiority of atheism.

I didn't listen to the tapes. A lot of that kind of rhetoric from religious
(supposed) zealots is just for show, anyway. Look at Obama's preacher-man
who claims to detest white america. If you look at his retirement plans, all
he ever really wanted was to be a white american.

demagoguery should be sometimes respected, but generally ignored, no matter
the source. ....bobford