homestead - Re: [Homestead] My ferrocement birdbath

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] My ferrocement birdbath
  • Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 06:11:09 -0500

On Oct 8, 2008, at 1:44 AM, EarthNSky wrote:

Today I sealed and finished my birdbath. I got the pictures of it up on
the Myspace page (myspace.com/tervetuloa13). They are in the
Miscellaneous Stuff album. You can't really tell from the pictures, but
it should hold about two+ inches of water in the middle.
The orange 'flower' and yellow sunflower was made with leftover cement.
I just slapped some over a small pot and then a small bowl to give it
some depth. It seemed a waste not to do something with the leftover
cement. At the time we did it, we had no clue as to if it would even
turn out. No one wanted those 'scraps' but me. I thought I could make
something of it. Flowers came to mind.

I like the leaf very much. Very nice.

What did you use to make the color?