homestead - Re: [Homestead] Assorted things

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Assorted things
  • Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2008 01:05:00 -0400

Gene GeRue wrote:
Wow, Bev, this is an example of an issue that I think is of almost inconsequential relevance. It is in the same area as whether Bush snorted cocaine or cheated on his military obligation and whether Clinton inhaled or did improper things to avoid the draft and whether McCain was a hothead and a hotshot pilot who crashed planes.

I hope you are right.

Young
people do dumb things that they later regret and they are often loathe to talk about them. Pretty understandable, especially in the present gotcha media world.

Well, he admitted to using all kinds of drugs, heavy drinking and partying, so why wouldn't he come out and say yeah my grades at Columbia sucked so I had to pull some strings to get into Harvard?

If this Harvard stuff is true (and I must say I am ignorant of the facts) it may show that Obama needed help and took it. Who among us would not? I happen to admire mentoring of young people who show promise. A wise mentor neither expects nor demands repayment.

See my other post on this very thing. That is why I kind of believe that it is true, based on my own experience. I just don't understand the secrecy. This is something that could easily be spun in BO's favor...easily.

I would expect Obama to be more sensitive to blacks' needs and more knowledgeable about them than a white president. Blacks have waited a very long time for such.

Where did that come from?

The Bush family is thick with the Saudi royal family. I do not understand the point.

The point is that Al-Mansour has been described by some on Fox as almost a civilized Bin Laden. He's a hate monger, but he is a very polished hate monger who is has the ear of a lot of Saudi money.

By all means follow the money. Do I understand correctly that these things are alleged or are there facts?

Why would Sutton lie?
No one has denied anything.
Mostly, I guess these are allegations, but they still need to be investigated to make sure it is innocent. If Sutton is telling the truth, then it is factual.
It would help if BO would release some information...
Check out this article talking about grades..

http://www.nysun.com/new-york/obamas-years-at-columbia-are-a-mystery/85015/?print=1729260221

Bev

--
"What Luck for Rulers that Men do not Think" Adolf Hitler
erthnsky AT bellsouth.net