homestead - Re: [Homestead] Assorted things

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Assorted things
  • Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 18:50:43 -0400

On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 6:23 PM, Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com> wrote:

> And not so by the way, if I say something a bit off, it might be
> because I am standing by waiting for a Blackberry e-mail or phone call
> telling me that my next grandson has arrived in the world. His arrival
> will be five weeks early. The door is open, he is working himself into
> position and is just about ready to come out into this uncertain world.

Gene,

My oldest son, now 18.5, was born five weeks early to the day. At that
point, the lungs have finished developing.

The doctors fought his entering the world the day he was born. In the
hospital they hooked me up to an IV drip to try to prevent his delivery
(despite my protest), but after two hours, they finally determined that he
wanted out and there was no stopping him. He was born several hours later -
reasonably healthy. His only issue was he had to be under a light blanket
for 24 hours due to accumulated bilirubin in his body (a yellow cast to the
body formed by breakdown of red blood cells and processed by the liver).
Truly, he was fine.

We were told he would be about month behind in normal development, but would
be all caught up by his first year and found that to be the case from
reading baby books and checking milestones.

Now if we could just get him to move on with his life and get over his
delayed adolescence.

This is exciting, congratulations to your entire family. A new baby is a
wonderful thing.

Best,

Lisa