homestead - Re: [Homestead] Assorted things

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Assorted things
  • Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 17:11:43 -0500

Wow, Bev, this is an example of an issue that I think is of almost inconsequential relevance. It is in the same area as whether Bush snorted cocaine or cheated on his military obligation and whether Clinton inhaled or did improper things to avoid the draft and whether McCain was a hothead and a hotshot pilot who crashed planes. Young people do dumb things that they later regret and they are often loathe to talk about them. Pretty understandable, especially in the present gotcha media world.

If this Harvard stuff is true (and I must say I am ignorant of the facts) it may show that Obama needed help and took it. Who among us would not? I happen to admire mentoring of young people who show promise. A wise mentor neither expects nor demands repayment.

I would expect Obama to be more sensitive to blacks' needs and more knowledgeable about them than a white president. Blacks have waited a very long time for such.

The Bush family is thick with the Saudi royal family. I do not understand the point.

By all means follow the money. Do I understand correctly that these things are alleged or are there facts?