homestead - Re: [Homestead] Judgement indicators

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Judgement indicators
  • Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 13:33:39 -0800

Unfortunately, I think I large part of the folks voting for Teflon are simply going along with the party atmosphere. Every single solitary time anyone brings up some cold hard facts, you're a meany or something. I've never seen folks so bound and determined to be led blindly to the slaughter!

Lemming Teflon Syndrome?

Um..excuse me... Obama is only popular in the cities of the South, just
as he is popular in the cities of the North and West. Rural folks in
the South are generally Republican. I wish I had a video camera and
could post what I see. It would certainly break stereotypes.
On my 7 mile loop road, it is like almost 3 miles to my house. There
are 7 houses in those 3 miles and all 7 are Republican and 5 have signs
in the yard. On the way to my road, there is a small black community
and I saw one Obama sign and about 15 McCain signs out of maybe 20-25
houses on that road. Even rural blacks are Republican in these parts.
I think that is probably true in other southern states as well.
HOWEVER, and I will give you this, Obama has swayed many black
Republicans to vote for him based on the fact that he is the first major
black candidate who has a real shot, better than 50/50 I'd say, at the
White House. I just there there is a mentality to this...if you grew up
in the city, and you are used to government 'services' and programs,
then you might lean towards voting Democrat. If you grew up in the
country and have been more self reliant and removed from government
programs and you just want to be left alone, then you are likely to vote
Republican. That's the way I see it..

Bev
--
"What Luck for Rulers that Men do not Think" Adolf Hitler
erthnsky AT bellsouth.net