homestead - Re: [Homestead] Judgement indicators

  • From: rayzentz AT aim.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Judgement indicators
  • Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2008 15:02:16 -0400

see below

-----Original Message-----
From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org

On Oct 7, 2008, at 10:48 AM, rayzentz AT aim.com wrote:

My biggest problem with Obama is not even his liberal philosophy, but
rather his lack of judgement.

Well, Obama's judgement has caused him to run a campaign that beat the
unbeatable Hillary Clinton, her ex-president husband and the legion of
Clinton supporters and contributors plus millions of hopeful women.

<that's not his judgement, but his "Handlers". And, it's very easy not to upset someone, by saying absolutely nothing. More the fools, those who buy it.

His judgement now appears to be beating McCain, who has become more
erratic as the polls continue to reflect his undisciplined judgement.
McCain selected for vice president someone obviously vastly
underqualified. He made a grandstanding show of stopping his campaign
to go sit in on a meeting about the economy. He made an attention-
getting show of not doing a debate and then changed his mind. He has
pulled back from Michigan, essentially admitting defeat. He has
embraced Rove's disciples and the Rovian tactics. His choice for
economic advisor was Phil Gramm. I find McCain's judgement to be
uneven and erratic. He is simply undependable. Seems to me that he is
drinking at the same well as the current president.

<I don't disagree with you here, at all. I would rather have two different people to choose from, entirely. I do disagree on your assessment of Palin's qualifications, however. She is as, if not more, qualified than Obama.

Obama has had several hills to climb, most especially having a black
father and a white mother. His judgement appears to have surmounted
all of those hills.

Which was the problem? The white mother? or the black father?

Except probably cigarettes.

<Aaah. this is why he is so popular in the south. He is a consumer of tobacco. I understand now.

Ray