homestead - Re: [Homestead] Oh, Please...the Debate

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Oh, Please...the Debate
  • Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2008 00:21:17 -0400

Marie McHarry wrote:

McCain is a train wreck. I'm pretty sure that Obama won't be able to
make many of the changes he wants in his first term,

I thought Obama's comment about his first term was arrogant. I thought McCain really sucked. He definitely did not do what he needed to do. He was so boring, and now Obama's lead in the polls will pick up and people won't be inclined to watch the last debate next week. So, he blew it. The man was supposed to come out and try to separate himself from the party, and for the second debate in a row, he kept talking about Reagan...and while I see the relevance, America loved Reagan, it surely is not endearing himself to a new army of voters who were infants in the Reagan years. For me, McCain just spouted the same stuff he did last time....nothing really new...the word is OLD..and tonight, he looked OLD. I think tonight was the nail in his coffin. BO knew it, that is why he was so annoyingly smug. He knew he had won.

Bev

--
"What Luck for Rulers that Men do not Think" Adolf Hitler
erthnsky AT bellsouth.net