homestead - [Homestead] Judgement indicators

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Judgement indicators
  • Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 12:08:59 -0500

On Oct 7, 2008, at 10:48 AM, rayzentz AT aim.com wrote:

My biggest problem with Obama is not even his liberal philosophy, but
rather his lack of judgement.

Well, Obama's judgement has caused him to run a campaign that beat the unbeatable Hillary Clinton, her ex-president husband and the legion of Clinton supporters and contributors plus millions of hopeful women.

His judgement now appears to be beating McCain, who has become more erratic as the polls continue to reflect his undisciplined judgement. McCain selected for vice president someone obviously vastly underqualified. He made a grandstanding show of stopping his campaign to go sit in on a meeting about the economy. He made an attention- getting show of not doing a debate and then changed his mind. He has pulled back from Michigan, essentially admitting defeat. He has embraced Rove's disciples and the Rovian tactics. His choice for economic advisor was Phil Gramm. I find McCain's judgement to be uneven and erratic. He is simply undependable. Seems to me that he is drinking at the same well as the current president.

Obama has had several hills to climb, most especially having a black father and a white mother. His judgement appears to have surmounted all of those hills.

Except probably cigarettes.