homestead - Re: [Homestead] Fannie/Freddie bailout question

  • From: "Don Bowen" <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Fannie/Freddie bailout question
  • Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2008 17:29:46 -0500

> p.s. Have you been reading about the new rfid chips, gps enabled, built
> right into cell-phone. You don't even need a wallet. And, in England ,
> they are starting to chip some of their criminals......I don't
> know.......

RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) is passive. It is a device (usually a
single integrated circuit or chip) that responds only when activated by a
scanning device nearby. It id being used in all sorts of tracking.
Versions are planed for your money and credit/debit cards. With all the
products in Wally World chiped then all you have to do is walk a cart by a
scanner and the total will automatically be deducted from your account.
Sounds nice but it is not.

Cell phones are GPS enabled. GPS uses an active device, signals from
satellites are processed, PN time signals decoded, time delays checked, and
out come your position. The cell phone then sends it to the network.

Those that have little concern for you other than your pocket book see all
sorts of applications for both.

Don Bowen KI6DIU