homestead - Re: [Homestead] Fannie/Freddie bailout question

  • From: "Don Bowen" <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Fannie/Freddie bailout question
  • Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2008 14:28:26 -0500

> I would be willing to give up the convenience, But, how do you rent a
> motel room?, rent a car?, rent a truck or trailer from U-haul?, buy
> something from ebay or amazon, etc?, buy an airline ticket? I don't know
> a way to do any of those things (and others) without a credit card.
> Please explain how you do those things that pop up in life , now and then,
> that require a CC.

I do have a debit card. It looks like a credit card and every place I have
tried it has accepted it. The big different is that you have to have the
money in the account. I have used it to pay for a hotel room and buy from
Amazon. And I have used it to rent a car. eBay has its paypal and that
works well in itself. As for some of those other things I cannot afford
them so it is not a problem.

Don Bowen KI6DIU