homestead - Re: [Homestead] Fannie/Freddie bailout question

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Fannie/Freddie bailout question
  • Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2008 14:56:37 EDT

> > I don't know a way to do any of those things (and others) without a
> credit card. Please explain how you do those things that pop up in life ,
> now
> and then, that require a CC.

In the end, there isn't anything that "requires" a credit card. I don't have
one. In fact, I've never had one my entire life. Hotels and vehicle
rentals will ask for a CC but if you tell them you aren't giving them one,
they do
NOT want to pass up your trade so they rent to you anyway.

For eBay and a lot of other purchases, there are things like PayPal. For
other purchases, you can use a debit account. It has a number just like a CC
and
the vendor usually has no idea that it is not a CC. But you aren't floating
the sum, you hve to have cash in hand for it to work.

I used to travel for business. Now I don't travel but I have to purchase
items for my trade, ship items, all the various and sundry things required
for a
cottage industry and yet I've never once used a credit card.

James </HTML>