homestead - Re: [Homestead] Fannie/Freddie bailout question

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Fannie/Freddie bailout question
  • Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2008 23:11:09 -0800

I think it is the fact that she's a kid and that they are raised without any garbage. Well, and when it comes to fair auctions, logic is not the rule. At the local auction, and we are in the middle of nowwhere in one of the poorest counties in the state, one of the steers sold for over $25,000 (yes, that is thousand) and one of the hogs sold for over $19,000! Folks write them off their taxes.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "bob ford" <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>

She made almost a grand each from 2 lambs, and is averaging almost $500 each on the others. I thought lambs were small . I know that rack of lamb is very pricey, but what you are describing is darn profitable for small animals. Maybe I should get a dozen for my backyard. ....bobford