homestead - Re: [Homestead] More Obama stuff, sorry

  • From: "Robert Walton" <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] More Obama stuff, sorry
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 10:41:06 -0400

> Surely you read the posts here, I think, discussing McCains loss of
> airplanes. How, since his father was an admiral, he was exonerated and the
> navy entirely changed their training methodology to help cover up his error.
> Then we get to how he received preferential treatment at the hands of his
> Vietnamese captors. There is plenty of the same innuendo being dealt by O's
> camp.

Nope, Warren. That is not the same stuff. Everyone knows about the
downed planes. That was even in the CNN special, heck cheating on his
wife and dating the current one before he divorced was in it. Even
that he applied for a marriage license in one state before the diverce
was final in the other state. All these are problems that lots of
voters can relate to.

That is not the same as the viral stuff going around about Obama. It
is not forwarded via email, it's not blatant lies. Like the email
about Obama's plane, or the birth certificate or the pledge of
allegiance, the flag pin, the secret muslim, the one with the picture
of family showing a bunch of stereotypical blacks and accusing them of
doing a lot of stereotypical things.

That's not the same as someone saying McCain was a hot head when he was young.

Rob - Va