homestead - Re: [Homestead] @ akka

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] @ akka
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 11:06:26 EDT

> >Really? That is unsupported by the reality of the lifestyles of the
> >people

I don't see it that way. The economic reality that was perpetuated by the
war is our ability to continue to offer cash payments as entitlements,
interest, stipends, pensions, etc. That "money" exists only because other
countries,
notably China and increasingly Russia, hold our debt intruments. Why would
they want to do that? Only because of the dollar based world oil market.

Once the petro-dollar crashes completely, the income from entitlements,
interests, pensions, stocks, 491K's etc, etc. comes crashing down.

Without cheap (still by world standards) gas and diesel and some sort of
unearned income (in the tax sense, 'unearned'), how many on this list would
endure?

As far as the need to invade Iraq to stop the non-dollar oil bourse, the
lifestyle of those on this list isn't all that different from the lifestyle
of the
sheeple.

</HTML>