homestead - Re: [Homestead] @ akka

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <akkabhomestead AT yahoo.com>, <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] @ akka
  • Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 21:55:28 -0800

Arg! This is clearly representative of what is wrong with the voters in this country. <g>

First, let me interject, I'm not pro-Obama. Sheesh, I started the first round of hair pulling and crying by the Obamanistas. So, I don't belong to that 2/3s.

Second, interesting that you should bring up 2/3s. It takes a 2/3s vote to pass a bill in either the House or the Senate. The Dems do NOT have a voting majority. Therefore, they do NOT "control it all" nor will they "control it all" if Teflon gets elected.

Now, let's keep the history accurate. I hate to upset the ol' Repub thinking but y'all do know and understand that ol' Read My Lips and Billy Boy were and are thick as thieves and have been for decades? Y'all do realise that about half the things that Billy Boy gets credited with were begun by ol' Read My Lips and Billy Boy just continued? China being one of them and "playing" with Korea being the other. Not to mention that NCLB isn't a brain fart thought up by Dumbya but rather the culmination of something begun by ol' Read My Lips, and continued by Billy Boy? Just like NAFTA and half a dozen other things.

Lynda, who learned a LONG time ago that one should either grow a thick hide or get the hay you off the net! Folks can't play whack-a-mole if the mole whacks back <g>
----- Original Message ----- From: "Akka Homestead" <akkabhomestead AT yahoo.com>

Yes, it is interesting. Of the 25 or so regular posters, I'm guessing that 2/3's or more are supporting Obama, something I still can't quite get warm and fuzzy with. These are people I respect and admire and have come to think of as family(you, Moon, and a host of others), so if they are strongly committed to something, I feel like I have to examine why, analyze and re-analyze what it is and look for that 'golden something' that I am apparently missing. These insights will be important later when he becomes president.

Some Democrats (and notice that I give you the respect of calling you Democrats instead of liberals or some other name)on this list were so excited and hopeful when the party took control of Congress a few years ago. It was all about hope and change. Here we are two years later and I don't see much difference. It has been business as usual. I know you will say that Bush has thwarted this or that, but that only flies so far.
I kind of hope Obama is elected. Then the Dems can control it all. Then, the excuse will be they are dealing with the Bush war debt legacy. It's the standard excuse. Bush dealt with the Clinton legacy, selling our technology to the North Koreans and others...

I am sorry if my questioning seems to be attacking Obama, however, I won't bend over backwards to apologize because for YEARS, literally years, I have listened to and read and deleted the political rants and arguments on this list. I like throwing things out there to get y'all opinion on it. I have been silent until this last year or so about my own opinions. I have tried to stay out of things-tried to veer the conversations back to homesteading topics, etc. But for whatever reason, some kind of switch inside of me has turned on and I have started joining the fray. I am learning about all kinds of stuff that I could not have accessed alone through Googling. Each one of you brings me a piece of the puzzle. If you each researched one thing, I get 25 things to think about, and I do, very seriously. The recent difference is that now I am talking and questioning, too. Perhaps it has rocked the boat a bit. This is the second time recently
that I felt personally insulted, maybe not exactly bullied, but definitely attacked. Since I am in the minority, apparently, I feel as though some are playing whack a mole and trying to hammer me back down into silence. I may have committed the cardinal sin and sided with Bush on something, who knows. ;)
You should know that I just quit my job because I got tired of being that freakin' mole that got whacked, so I did a bit of whacking back before I left. I may not be as smart as some of you are-I may not be as well read or as well studied-or as well educated, but I do have an opinion as well as a pretty good intuition, and I will be expressing that because I can. I think that I have generally been respectful of the opinions of others and would ask the same courtesy.

I remember people accusing others of "Bush Bashing" on this list a few
years ago. All the Bush supporters would try to shout down any post
that disagreed with the illegitimate president and his illegitimate
war.

I believe I was a Bush supporter in that debacle. I'll fess up to it. I don't think I ever demeaned anyone for bashing bush though. In my own defense, that was before I learned what I know today about electronic voting. This race is going to be close, and apparently the powers that be like Obama this time around, so I predict problems this time in Republican states..and this time, the chips will fall and the Dems will collect them.

Now with the Obama candidacy, if someone suggests that we look at
issues rather than rumors, it's shouting down. Or its him pulling the
race card.

Issues, issues, issues...Obama himself hasn't said anything of real substance on the 'issues'. ;) Just yanking your chain, Rob, just yankin' the chain. lol
Dammit. I knew it would get me...just as soon as I said I am endowed, here, I have to be blonde and ask what "shouting down" means. I assume belittling, but meaning doesn't fit in the sentence. Don did not belittle anyone, he just suggested we talk about issues, therefore I am confused. I also don't have a clue as to how the last race card sentence relates to the previous sentence. You lost this blonde on that whole quote there.

I have a freaky theory that all of the ardent Bush supporters that
have become so silent as of late are now secretly dreaming up Obama
rumors and passing them around.

Who here is an ardent Bush supporter that is currently silent?
I think most, at best, are like me in that while we may not agree with some of the stuff he has done, we are still hunkered down, respectfully holding our collective breaths until the mob mentality of Bush bashing wanes and until he turns over the football.
What you say about people making up rumors is pretty malicious to accuse someone of, don't you think?

Akka B