homestead - Re: [Homestead] More Obama stuff, sorry

  • From: "WF Smith" <mogrits AT gmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] More Obama stuff, sorry
  • Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 22:37:33 -0400

> No. I believe it because I was a resident of Florida and saw what
> Katherine Harris did. I saw her trying to certify the election before
> my predominately Democratic county's votes were counted. Then I saw
> her do it. I saw Jeb Bush and his cronies for what they were. If there
> had been a sane conclusion to Florida's vote in 2000, I'd have
> conceded.
>
> We got our 8 years of George W and here we are. BTW, I didn't see the
> movie, I saw it first hand and did not need a Hollywood drama to get
> where I am.
>
> Unfortunately the Bushies out there that actually believe that they
> live in a better, more secure country that they did 7 years ago will
> go to the grave touting what a great President he was. That is once he
> gets out of office and the public forgets enough that they can come
> out of the bushes.
>
> Rob - Va

Being a resident of Florida doesn't qualify you to judge what happened there
in any way whatsoever. I lived in Florida for years as well so as a former
resident I guess I know how each precinct went down.

Your candidate lost...your party with the complicity of the media cast a
black cloud over the results and you refuse to accept the results and deny
the reality of the past 8 yrs. Honestly it must be sad to live in such a
world. It went under-reported that the results were validated by the media a
year or so later.

You don't like the guy, that's plain to see. Get over that and try to
discover what will be the right thing.