homestead - Re: [Homestead] More Obama stuff, sorry

  • From: Akka Homestead <akkabhomestead AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] More Obama stuff, sorry
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 09:34:06 -0700 (PDT)

I really didn't mean to stir up a hornets nest, but this is kind of
fascinating to me-other people's lives and all...
If there are still rocks in McCain's front yard that haven't yet been flipped
over and examined, or closets that have been rifled through in the past, my
God how old is he- 70 years??? --then I'd be there, too.  But Obama is
someone that I only barely knew of, and that only since '04.  Not being a
Democrat, I didn't really care about who he was or what he might have to
hide.  It's different now, because he actually might be our president and I
want to know stuff.  I really need to read his book.

I actually was more curious about his adult trips abroad than where he
was born. I found some pages on the 1981 trip to Pakistan:
http://dailymusings.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!EBAB74DA8F94C559!5351.entry
http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2008/04/obamas-college.html

Basically, they are the same info, but the abc page has some really
hilarious comments at the bottom (anti-Obama for the most part, but very
funny)

I realize that this is 'old stuff', but it is new to me and might be new
to someone else, too. Somethings I just don't know about, like HOW he
went to Pakistan and Indonesia.  Is it true that " Pakistan was on the
banned travel list for US Citizens at the time and all non-Muslim
visitors were not welcome unless sponsored by their embassy for official
business." If that is true, then how did he get there, and if by another
passport, then how does he have that?  Does he, in effect have dual
citizenship, and if so why would he still have two citizenships at the
age of 20?

I found this very good page of both allegations and rebuttals:
http://www.eons.com/blogs/entry/1064469-Democrat-sues-Sen-Obama-over-fraudulent-candidacy
I did not realize that Berg was the state of Pennsylvania's former
deputy attorney general.

I was looking around for the passport information and found this page,
which kind of theorizes what one person thinks is a timeline of BO's
early life.  This makes sense to me.  It explains all the crap about the
birth certificate(s). The theory starts a bit down the page with
"Anyway, the working theory right now is that:"
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/2059717/posts

If all of this adoption stuff is true, then I want to give the guy a hug.  No
wonder he is such an over-achiever. Only adoptees would truly understand
that. Reading all that actually makes me like the guy more-maybe not enough
to vote for him, but more. <G>

I also found this page on his mother.  Interesting reading.  I like the
part about his grandfather being a smooth talking salesman...lol..
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/politics/2004334057_obama08m.html

Akka B