homestead - Re: [Homestead] Impeachment & other nonsense

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Impeachment & other nonsense
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 05:05:30 -0700 (PDT)

I find Representative Kucinich impressive. . Any 60
year old: five foot tall; skinny; ufo sighting
politician that can find and marry a six foot tall; 20
year old; gorgeous redhead is someone with whom I
could probably enjoy going critter hunting in the
desert.

But impeachment: that's not just "tilting at
windmills",
that's 'going around the prickly pear at five 'o clock
in the morning'. Conviction would be constitutionally
unsound. Of course, since the Warren court, the
Constitution has become increasingly irrelevant---but
I digress.

Changing the system that some call the "D.C.
whorehouse" ( attribution: Gene Gerue) would be
simple.
There are large groups (such as Moveon.org)that could
start the change as soon as this November. But change
would have to be their true motivation, and I know of
not a single group where that is the case. Every
group/movement wants to play the system to gain
personal/group advantage.

Considering the fact that I believe that Charles
Darwin and Alfred Wallace to be two of the brightest,
most revolutionary thinkers in history, I am not a
moralist. Mammals, especially primates; always fight
for advantage.

But changing the system in D.C.; as difficult and
revolutionary as it might appear; I repeat: is simple.

,,,,in the desert, pining for simplicity.....bobford