homestead - Re: [Homestead] Impeachment

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Impeachment
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 22:58:24 -0500

On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 10:48 PM, <paxamicus AT earthlink.net> wrote:

> I was thinking about it more in terms of enforcing the Constitution
> and bolstering the separation of powers. Good things, no?

Impeachment would be a good thing right now because if nothing else it
could hamper the administration's drive to the next war with Iran, and
once a president is under impeachment proceedings he doesn't have the
freedom to stonewall.

I think if Congress doesn't take some kind of strong action, they may
as well sit down, shut up, and contemplate what happened to the Roman
Senate.

Marie