homestead - Re: [Homestead] Impeachment

  • From: paxamicus AT earthlink.net
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Impeachment
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 11:07:52 -0400

No, see, this is why I've been raising Obama over and over again. He has people excited. Rightly or wrongly, he has people excited. Individuals who were never involved in politics before are involved now. He has the largest number of individual donors in history, I think. People are finally getting involved and they are doing it in a positive way. AND, people are finally seeing we MUST MUST MUST demand accountability. We have to reign back in our government. If we don't do it together democratically, how else are we going to do it? The citizens of New Orleans have already faced down Blackwater shooting their own. I don't want to be next.

Of all the really horrific moments of the last seven years, and if you saw the Abu Ghraib pics (just to name one thing) you'd know what I'm talking about, having the Administration completely ignore Congress' subpoenas were pretty far up there for me.

And you know what? It makes me crazy, crazy, the 30% or so of the people who still believe we're over there fighting for the American Way. The American Way of the last fifty years is a train wreck. We're over there fighting for the American Way of Driving SUVS roughshod over dead people on our way to buy more crap, not what I hope is the real, true American spirit of integrity and justice.

At least if they called it what it was people would STOP.