homestead - Re: [Homestead] Impeachment

  • From: paxamicus AT earthlink.net
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Impeachment
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 10:24:15 -0400

Yes. It would've been nice to know that he can't waltz in after first being
elected by hanging chads and the Supremes, do damage for eight years, then
waltz back out the door unscathed and untouched, thanks in part to the Bush
name.

Has a President ever been reprimanded after leaving office?

lkvp

But really, it's not about censuring Bush at all. As much as I have my own private little running-Bush-out-of-town-on-a-rail fantasy, it isn't ever going to happen.

It's about restoring the checks and balances. "Censure", "reprimand"..whatever. There's so much wrong with that man that I think it's pointless. If he can't already feel wrong about everything that has happened, then what?

No, I don't give a fig about Bush, just don't like I really don't give a damn about Obama. I just want to see the ideals that made America a really great place restored and an earth left to my kid that isn't a death trap. I don't even want the status quo, I'd give up cars and ac and imported chakas right this second.

Celia