homestead - Re: [Homestead] Impeachment & other nonsense

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Impeachment & other nonsense
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 08:34:40 -0800

Well, don't pin any hopes on MoveOn.org. That is where all the lobbyists' money has been funneled, so no change there. Just more of the same ol' same ol'.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "bob ford" <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>

snip<
There are large groups (such as Moveon.org)that could
start the change as soon as this November. But change
would have to be their true motivation, and I know of
not a single group where that is the case. Every
group/movement wants to play the system to gain
personal/group advantage.

Considering the fact that I believe that Charles
Darwin and Alfred Wallace to be two of the brightest,
most revolutionary thinkers in history, I am not a
moralist. Mammals, especially primates; always fight
for advantage.

But changing the system in D.C.; as difficult and
revolutionary as it might appear; I repeat: is simple.

,,,,in the desert, pining for simplicity.....bobford

--- Marie McHarry <mmcharry AT gmail.com> wrote:

On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 10:48 PM,
<paxamicus AT earthlink.net> wrote:

> I was thinking about it more in terms of enforcing
the Constitution
> and bolstering the separation of powers. Good
things, no?

Impeachment would be a good thing right now because
if nothing else it
could hamper the administration's drive to the next
war with Iran, and
once a president is under impeachment proceedings he
doesn't have the
freedom to stonewall.

I think if Congress doesn't take some kind of strong
action, they may
as well sit down, shut up, and contemplate what
happened to the Roman
Senate.

Marie

http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/options/homestead/bobford79%40yahoo.com