homestead - Re: [Homestead] Impeachment

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Impeachment
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 22:02:37 -0500

On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 9:54 PM, <DSanner106 AT aol.com> wrote:
> What a cowardly act, wait until Bush is months from leaving office and
> introduce a process that takes a year
> to work it's way through the courts. He is just trying to get his name in
> the headlines again, and perhaps even angling for the VP slot with Obama.
> Why
> did he not introduce this 2 or 3 years ago????

Kucinich as VP? Not a chance, and he knows it. IIRC, and if I don't
I'm sure Lynda will correct me, Kucinich previously introduced
articles of impeachment, but they went nowhere. Maybe he thought that
now that the Senate Intelligence Committe has found (bipartisan vote
in support of the findings) that Bush really did lie when he was
marketing the current situation in Iraq he might pick up a few votes.

I expect, however, that the cowards in Congress will continue to roll over.

Marie