homestead - Re: [Homestead] Jeremiah Wright talks to Bill Moyers

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Jeremiah Wright talks to Bill Moyers
  • Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 22:44:56 -0800

When I said that job in Chicago was OJT, you said " What world are you living in? Of course, someone who graduated at the top of his class from Harvard and was president of the Harvard Law Review can get top entry-level dollar if he chooses the right job."

My point was that he had no experience, no training and no studies that would prepare him for the job he got in Chicago. BEFORE he went to Harvard. You got defensive and wrote the above and now you're asking what the point was?

After Harvard he went to work in law offices and teaching at a the University of Chicago. Of course, seeing who and all are profs at colleges in IL, well, that wouldn't be much of a reference either.

AND, let's not try to change his history yet again. He didn't "devote himself to public service." The man had a plan and he carried out the plan and he's right on schedule for what his goals were/are.

You weren't pointing out the obvious since he hadn't gone to Harvard before he went to work for the non-profit in Chicago.

BTW, working for a non-profit, such as he did, usually gets some of those loans forgiven. Going back to school gets the interest stopped and the payments stopped until you are again out of school.

Lynda

----- Original Message ----- From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>

Yes, I know he was an organizer first. Lots of people get out of
school and then go do some for society before they go on to the next
thing. Not sure what your point is. Once he went back to law school
and graduated from that he could have gone with a big law firm with a
big offer. He didn't have to devote himself to public service. If it
weren't for his books, he'd still be paying off his student loans.

I'm not quite sure how I'm defending Obama at any cost. I was just
pointing out the obvious