homestead - Re: [Homestead] Jeremiah Wright talks to Bill Moyers

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Jeremiah Wright talks to Bill Moyers
  • Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 17:44:39 -0500

On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 1:44 PM, Lynda <lurine AT softcom.net> wrote:
> Ah, Maria, you need to turn off the "Defend Obama At Any Cost" button. You
> might have something there IF you got his resume in the correct order. He
> went to Harvard AFTER he got the OJT in Chicago. SEVERAL YEARS later, to be
> exact!

Yes, I know he was an organizer first. Lots of people get out of
school and then go do some for society before they go on to the next
thing. Not sure what your point is. Once he went back to law school
and graduated from that he could have gone with a big law firm with a
big offer. He didn't have to devote himself to public service. If it
weren't for his books, he'd still be paying off his student loans.

I'm not quite sure how I'm defending Obama at any cost. I was just
pointing out the obvious

> Plus, I don't care where you went to school nor where you graduated in your
> class, if you don't have experience you don't deserve the big bucks!
> Period. And that would be the problem with the attitude of so many college
> grads and why they ultimately end up working at Micky D's!

Hmmm. I don't know any college grads working a Micky D's: seems to be
high school kids and old people whose Social Security needs some
assistance. The college grads I know who are out of work have worked
for years and then gotten laid off before they were eligible for
pensions or SS.

But that's a different problem.

Marie, without an "a"