homestead - Re: [Homestead] Obama and religion

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Obama and religion
  • Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 10:50:41 -0800

I think he went with Wright because of the basis of Wright's true leanings.
Wright also followed the Nation of Islam. I think Wright fit right in with
his thinking on his "idol" Malcolm X.

I don't think he went looking for religion at all. I think the talking heads got one thing right, the man replaced the father he never knew and by being a follower of the teachings of his youthful idol, Wright was custom made to fill all the needs he had: father, idol, political/work needs.

I think he looked and saw a way to have it both ways (Malcolm X and the mantel of religion for the job) while subconsciously filling the father figure need.

Like many, I think he was caught in the "we've got the answers"
charisma of Wright, maybe others.

Well, here we part ways, because I think it was a bit more calculated
like Lynda.