homestead - Re: [Homestead] Jeremiah Wright talks to Bill Moyers

  • From: "Robert Walton" <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Jeremiah Wright talks to Bill Moyers
  • Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 11:57:02 -0400

> He was told by the various churches he was supposed to be working with that
> "It might help your mission if you had a church home," So, to further his
> job, he went looking for a church. I'd say that is a pretty cold and
> calculating reason to "get religion."

I don't thinks so. Joining a church to further oneself politically, in
business or socially is traditionally the way it is done everywhere
I've ever lived. It's relatively new that a presidential candidate
does not show some religious connections. Jefferson kept his
questioning of religion quiet during his political life.

Rob - Va