homestead - Re: [Homestead] Obama and religion

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Obama and religion
  • Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 20:51:22 -0500

On Apr 27, 2008, at 1:50 PM, Lynda wrote:

I think he went with Wright because of the basis of Wright's true leanings.
Wright also followed the Nation of Islam. I think Wright fit right in with
his thinking on his "idol" Malcolm X.

I don't think he went looking for religion at all. I think the talking
heads got one thing right, the man replaced the father he never knew and by
being a follower of the teachings of his youthful idol, Wright was custom
made to fill all the needs he had: father, idol, political/work needs.

I think he looked and saw a way to have it both ways (Malcolm X and the
mantel of religion for the job) while subconsciously filling the father
figure need.

Lynda, from where did you take you doctorate in psychology or psychiatry?