homestead - Re: [Homestead] candidates

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] candidates
  • Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 16:50:52 -0500

On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 4:26 PM, Lynda <lurine AT softcom.net> wrote:
> I'd vote for McCain before I'd vote for Barr. .... He worked long and hard
> keep the military as a single religion military as possible.

I'm surprised at that. He's big of the Bill of Rights and the
Constitution. I wasn't aware that the military was single religion. I
thought there were chaplains of all faiths. There are even Muslim
chaplains.

> He was absolutely rabid about the War on Drugs and has pushed for even
> stiffer penalties for first time offender with minimal quantities. He's
> fought against any medical use of marijuana.

He must have changed his tune. I heard him interviewed the other day,
and he was talking about legalizing medical marijuana. Maybe he had a
change of heart when he became a Libertarian.

Bev, Barr's from your neck of the woods. Can you fill us in here?

> I think McKinney running for anything is a joke. The Green Party has to be
> absolutely desperate!

Ah, finally, we can find common ground. McKinney, to put it nicely, is a loon.

Marie