homestead - Re: [Homestead] candidates

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] candidates
  • Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 20:27:38 -0400

Marie McHarry wrote:
On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 4:26 PM, Lynda <lurine AT softcom.net> wrote:
I'

Bev, Barr's from your neck of the woods. Can you fill us in here?

I think McKinney running for anything is a joke. The Green Party has to be
absolutely desperate!

Ah, finally, we can find common ground. McKinney, to put it nicely, is a loon.

Marie

I'm still laughing...
and both of them are from my neck of the woods..lol..
I've met Barr, when I worked for the PD, he was the DA...I wasn't impressed with him personally-good lawyer/DA though.
I'd put him and Newt(also from my neck of the woods) in the same paddy wagon.lol...
Seriously, I'm sure he's a smart guy, but his jump to the Libertarian Party shocked me, too. I still say he is trying to please a woman..(he's known for his womanizing)
I think Lynda is on target when it comes to Barr, but then, my opinions have been shadowing hers of late, so take that for whatever it is worth.

Nah, we've been picking on Obama so much lately, I kind of feel bad and thought maybe we were due for a changeup. Why don't we play a game...let's all try to seriously name 3 things we LIKE about each candidate(just McCain, Obama, and Clinton)? I'll go first..

McCain:
1. I like his old fashioned patriotism and the fact that he is a Navy man...
2. He's not afraid to cross party lines for what he believes
3. His son served in Iraq(pretty unusual for a Senator's son)

Obama:
1. He gives a great, inspirational speech and is a good debater.
2. I like the fact that he is a smoker...it breaks stereotypes.
3. By all accounts, he is a hardworker

Clinton:
1. She's a woman, and therefore better.
2. I think her healthcare plan is a step in the right direction, from what I understand of it.
3. She's freaking tough as nails...Bill has no balls anymore.

;)

Bev

34.498N 85.076W Bev is Earth, Ron is Sky