homestead - Re: [Homestead] Obama and religion

  • From: DSanner106 AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Obama and religion
  • Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 17:54:50 EDT

Obama has invited this inspection of his pastor by naming him as his mentor,
asking him
to introduce him at speeches, having him write the introduction to his
auto-biography and saying his exposure to the church, this particular
church,helped form him into the man he is today. The fact that this political
message is
what is preached at the church his is telling and should be looked at.

I certainly remember many snippets of Jerry Falwell sermons being played on
the news as
well as others. These were tied randomly to the Republicans even though he
had not been
the 20 year personal pastor to any of the Rep politicians at the time. I
hate the political talk
of Wright, Falwell and any others, and think separation of church and state
should mean
exactly that. I know that I have NEVER heard any political messages in my
church, my ministers
have made it a point to not inject politics into their sermons. I also
attended traditionally black
churchs in Detroit and Atlanta for over 20 years and didn't hear Wright's
rhetoric. This does not
represent mainstream black churches, just the liberation churches.

Obama did say he did not hear and was not present for any of the sermons on
the dvd's that have been shown, and had never heard anything similar. Yes he
also said he had not heard racist or anti american material.

Drew

In a message dated 4/27/2008 5:33:09 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,