homestead - Re: [Homestead] Jeremiah Wright talks to Bill Moyers

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Jeremiah Wright talks to Bill Moyers
  • Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 22:09:33 -0800

Gene, you are getting this backwards.

In the South, the church is an integral part of the fabric of life. Business is a part of their lives and thus sometimes the different parts intersect.

In Obama's case, church was not, is not and never has been nor will be an integral part of the fabric of his life. He, himself, has stated that religion is only a tool "like any other tool." HE said it was a tool, not me. And he's said many times and in many ways.

Not my doctorate in psychology opinion. HIS stated opinion.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Gene GeRue" <genegerue AT ruralize.com>

Bev, Heartwood is in the Bible Belt. I have not grown up here but I
have spent many years here and I know the people. I like them. Church
is part of their lives. Church is also part of their business lives.