homestead - Re: [Homestead] Jeremiah Wright talks to Bill Moyers

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Jeremiah Wright talks to Bill Moyers
  • Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 10:16:45 -0800

----- Original Message ----- From: "Gene GeRue" <genegerue AT ruralize.com>

I just don't see it. He certainly has a focus based on his racial
experiences but I fail to see hate mongering.

***Gene, what racial experiences? Growing up in a mixed race middle class neighborhood in PA? Having a father that was a pastor with various college degrees? Having a mother with a doctorate who both taught school and went on to become an administrator? Being called a model for ALL races in a public school?

We have his full background. Surely you know of his work in Illinois.

***That was my point in an earlier e-mail and it was phoo phoo. Please tell me why a dance group that his wife sits on the board of should have gotten $7 MILLION dollars? And look at his long record of avoiding voting on things that might come back to bite him.

I am critical of many things about Obama, as I am about many things
about Clinton and McCain. You are right, there are many revelations to
come. About all of them, but most especially once the Democrats have
chosen their candidate. But this business of guilt by association is
important not just how it affects a candidate; it's most damaging
condition is that it distracts us from the myriad important issues of
the day: energy, food, health care, education, Iraq, and countless
more. Yes, we need to know character, but mostly we need to know focus
and competence. As things are, the candidates are unable to talk about
the serious issues because they are bombarded by media bullets.

***Oh, I'd say how he reacts to these things shows the character of the man and his ability to deal with stress. I'd say the ability to deal with stress and adversity is something we need to know about a prospective president. Sulking when something doesn't go your way is not a quality we need in a prospective president. Nor is dancing around issues.