homestead - Re: [Homestead] Obama fans, what say ye?

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Obama fans, what say ye?
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 08:31:34 -0500

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 3:36 AM, Lynda <lurine AT softcom.net> wrote:

> And, my grandfather was born the year after the Civil War ended. March 12,
> 1866, to be precise.

Indeed. My grandfather, who was born some 20 years later, was born on
the same day.

> I said he was born in the 1860s. I didn't say anything about the Civil War.

As is well known, the Civil War occurred in the 1860s.

> My family is long lived. Grampa died when he was 93. Uncle Billie when he
> was 102. Cousin Ernie when he was 101. Uncle Henry when he was 98 and so
> forth and so on.

Yes, I have a family like that. Three of my grandparents lived into
their 90s. The other died young of cancer at age 75.

> Lynda, who does wish that all these p.s. folks would have learned at least
> one lesson in p.s. -- do your homework!

What does p.s. stand for?

Marie, not sure what homework she was supposed to do and who was just
wondering