homestead - Re: [Homestead] Obama fans, what say ye?

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Obama fans, what say ye?
  • Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 19:15:12 -0400

Clansgian AT wmconnect.com wrote:

Like the people in rural Pennsylvania, I put more confidence in my guns to protect my family than put in the government. I did so before Obama was born. I will do so long after he's a footnote in history. Likewise my religious beliefs are a better guide to a decent life than all the government leadership that ever existed. It was before Obama was born and will be long after his influence passes away.

Yet Obama has look at those things and said "you only CLING to those things becaue you are politcally frustrated". His offensiveness is exceeded only by his offensiveness.

That's what Obama means by "change".

I felt that his comments showed a lack of empathy to rural people-poor people-common people. Yet, I read a blurb from one of his books about the children on the streets of Nairobi and Jakarta turning to guns and violence...and he seemed to have LOTS of sympathy/empathy for them. Where was his sympathy for his fellow Americans?? It seemed to me that he mentioned the Penns not because he really cared about them or why they were bitter, if indeed they were/are, but he used them only to further his 'vote for me-I'm the changeup guy" message, or like Roy says, Elect Me and I'll Fix It...
I don't think BHO intended to offend anyone, and that is exactly why this whole debacle is important, because in the eyes of many, it gives us a glimpse into the mind of the man-it's a way of judging credibility for those of us who don't have a crush on Obama.<g>

34.498N 85.076W Bev is Earth, Ron is Sky