homestead - Re: [Homestead] Obama fans, what say ye?

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Obama fans, what say ye?
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 11:55:20 -0800

The definition of bigot came from Webster's.

Reverand Wright was in the Marines, for the two years required. Went
nowhere, did nothing. He transferred to the Navy for the medical. He worked
in a hospital. If that makes him great, then, as I said, every single
medical tech out there is a great American. People use the word "Marine" to
equate something he wasn't. The word "Marine" has specific meaning and
brings specific images to mind when people read it. That is the intent and
the purpose. You won't get folks all in the dither to wave the flag if you
simply state he was a Navy Corpman and worked at Bethesda doing caths.

AND, yes, I did get the info on Wright from an e-mail. I actually got a link
from my dad who was in the Navy and did something besides sit stateside! The
link he provided is from the bio that Wright HIMSELF put out there. Thank
you very much! We should all remember how assume is spelled!

The other info I posted is very easy to check. Well, unless one doesn't want
to read the facts and prefers to just go on believing the pretty speeches.
It would seem so since you went to the trouble to check on Wright but not on
Obama.

Teflon attended Punahou PREP School. $16,675 a year to attend and that is
only the base price. Lots more $$ for things other than initial enrollment.
It is considered one of the most ELITE prep schools in the U.S.!

And, one might also do a little looking at the schools he attended in
Indonesia. They aren't what is implied either. The one was set up by the
Dutch for the rich kids. It was the Indonesian equivalent of a prep school.
It is the school children of former Indonesian presidents have attended. The
other is a Catholic school. Not exactly a school for poor little children of
single parents. He was only out of the U.S. for 4 years. He attended each
school for 2 years. Then he was shipped back to the U.S. PRECISELY so he
could attend a better school, a prep school, an ELITE school.

AND, he himself says he attended an ELITE PREP SCHOOL when he describes
attending Occidental College.

Plus, you won't find him downplaying Punahou Prep School. Kinda hard to do
that without seeming to slam some of the other alumni such as Case and the
founder of e-bay.

"If you ask the people in Hawaii what they know about Barack Obama, I think
the honest answer is, 'Very little.' He went to school in Hawaii but he went
to Punahou, and that was not a school for the impoverished."

Lynda