homestead - Re: [Homestead] horses

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] horses
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 12:04:14 -0800

Since they are the equivalent both historically and genetically to the original mustangs out here, I would think they would do quite well pulling. Not the equal of a draft horse but quite good for their size. I know our Bug would literally almost squat down and do an almost bulldog thing with her front and out pull horses lots bigger than she was.

The thing with the mustangs is they can live where nothing but a donkey or a mule would survive!

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "VAN DELL JORDAN" <vdjor AT yahoo.com>

I didn't notice this in the article. Are these horses
capable of pulling also or just for riding?
Van Dell