homestead - Re: [Homestead] Obama fans, what say ye?

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Obama fans, what say ye?
  • Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 19:54:26 -0400

Gene GeRue wrote:
I see no evidence of bigotry whatsoever. His
background has nearly made him immune to bigotry. He seems to me to very tolerant of opposing views.

How does his background make him immune to bigotry? If you know, then we need to market that lifestyle in a book...we'll be bazillionaires..I can see it now..
_How to Find an Ideal Background for Your Child: End Bigotry Forever_

;)

Seriously Gene,,,there is bias built in to everyone...you KNOW that, and even the word 'nearly' doesn't make it better.
As one who attended Emory University (AKA the Harvard of the South), I have a bias regarding Harvard alums...for better or for worse, I stereotype them..I feel like I know the type..and THAT is a bias. Harvard alums can be a bit elitist, as can Emoroids like me..and regardless of the truth of our backgrounds, we ALL name drop that University to gain advantage. And yes, I know that BHO went to Harvard, and since I also went to a similar uppercrust school, I can say "oooooo, I'm soooo impressed...not..lol)

Bev

34.498N 85.076W Bev is Earth, Ron is Sky