homestead - Re: [Homestead] Obama fans, what say ye?

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Obama fans, what say ye?
  • Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 21:46:58 -0800

Bigot = prejudiced

"a typical white woman" to describe his grandmother is clearly racist.

In his own words clearly says he is NOT immune.

And, I think that you have gone out of your way to paint a pretty picture to match his pretty speeches or you wouldn't have gone to such detail to describe his 2nd and 3rd elementary schools and left out the first school and the VERY ELITEST prep school he went to when he returned.

It is terribly disingenous to go into such detail on the two schools that fit your descriptives and then to gloss over the prep school as "excelled in school."

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Gene GeRue" <genegerue AT ruralize.com>

Ah, I do love a dreamer. Should you ever seriously consider writing a
book under the belief that it will make you rich, well, pull up a
chair and we will chat.

Okay, Obama's background, as I believe it is: he was born to a white
Christian-background-but-likely-agnostic girl impregnated by a black
non-practicing-Muslim-who-later-became-an-atheist young man from Kenya
who deserted mother and child a couple years later and probably became
a bigamist, they divorced, his mother then married a southeast-Asian
non-practicing Muslim, and mother, son and stepfather lived in
southeast Asia for about four years where his playmates teased him
about his kinky hair, his strange diet and his plumpness and he
attended for two years a public school with substantially Muslim
students but in fact it is very open to those of all religious
persuasions, then he attended a Catholic school for two years, he was
then substantially raised by his mother's parents in melting-pot
Hawaii, he excelled in school, went to Harvard, became a lawyer, did a
lot of social work in Chicago, and, well, you likely know from that
point on, he went into state politics and then the Senate.

It seems to me that anyone who has been subjected to/lived through/
enjoyed/struggled with/come out of that kind of very diverse
background would be essentially immune to bigotry.