homestead - Re: [Homestead] Beer for my Horses

  • From: "Gloria Morris" <gloriamorris59 AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Beer for my Horses
  • Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 18:08:42 -0500

We've got horses for riding, and one is my pasture guardian (he will not
tolerate coyotes or other canines in his pasture). I've begun training one
to drive, but haven't progressed far, as so many other projects seem to get
in the way. But eventually I'll get it done. I'm going to start him pulling
a cart once he's good pulling a sledge. We've also been eying doctor's
buggies. With gas going nowhere but up, we can see the utility of being able
to drive to town with REAL horse power. Of course, a buck board might be
more practical ... not sure what we'll end up with - much will depend on
what we can get hold of for a reasonable price. The horse has got a heck of
a road trot and excellent endurance and will make a fine driving horse. I
just need to get the other many pressing projects done! LOL! In due time, I
suppose.

Gloria