homestead - Re: [Homestead] Would you buy a house where a murder took place?

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Would you buy a house where a murder took place?
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 10:22:05 -0800

Well, are you or any of your family members superstitious and "aware" of things that have happened in the past around you?

If no is the answer, then I wouldn't give it a second thought.

If yes is the answer, then I'd go with whatever your belief system is about such things, cleansing ceremony, pastor/priest, whatever.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: <paxamicus AT earthlink.net>

On our way home yesterday afternoon we did a drive by on that solar
house for which I put up a link a few days ago.

We knew it was vacant and we were interested enough that we decided to
walk around it. I was in the middle of deciding I liked it when a
neighbour came up the driveway on a 4 wheeler to see what we we doing,
and we got into a conversation. Turns out the mother shot herself and
two of her children in the house and it's been empty since then. I've
lived in a lot of places and I've never knowingly come across
something like this before (although, the house that I'm living in now
is 250 years old so it's a pretty sure bet *someone* died in it at
some point.