homestead - Re: [Homestead] Would you buy a house where a murder took place?

  • From: VAN DELL JORDAN <vdjor AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Would you buy a house where a murder took place?
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 15:58:10 -0700 (PDT)

I wanted to buy a jail where murders had been
committed. It was the kind of jail some rural
counties had. The jail was attached to the sheriff's
residence. In this case a total of 4000 sq ft. part
of which was a ten room house.
A couple of deputies were killed during an escape.
After that the county built a new criminal justice
center and later put the jail on ebay for sale. Sale
price was only about 35000.
we were buying a house to live in until we could get
one built on our farm land, this would have been great
as it was roomy enough for 2 families and much junk.
And only a couple miles from the farmland.
I really wanted to buy but the rest of the family were
afraid there would be a bad aura. They talked about a
cleansing ceremony but didn't know where to find
anyone who would know how to do that.
Van Dell