homestead - Re: [Homestead] Would you buy a house where a murder took place?

  • From: paxamicus AT earthlink.net
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Would you buy a house where a murder took place?
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 13:35:05 -0400

Just a quickie, I found the info on the net. It really happened. Her name was Tanya Fink, and it happened in Ritchie County, WV.

On Mar 24, 2008, at 1:08 PM, Gene GeRue wrote:

On Mar 24, 2008, at 9:55 AM, Lisa K.V. Perry wrote:

All good points, also Rob's that the house would probably sell for
less than
what seems to be a great price as listed. The owner would be
grateful to
have it sold.

There is a slight chance that a bank owns it, if there was a
construction loan. Strong evidence of owner financing is again the
lack of code-required stair rails. Without a final inspection and
Certificate of Occupancy, or whatever such is called there, a
financial institution would be loathe to make a loan and, if
government-insured, could not do so. A land loan, though, might have
been made, either through a local bank or by the prior land owner.

I have many times read that house remodels often lead to divorce. FLLW
claimed that bad design could do the same. In this case, I conjecture
that the husband had a passion to build this innovative house, that
led to financial strain for the family, and that led to psychological
pain so strong that the wife went mad.

A couple more thoughts:

1) The neighbor may be purposely driving buyers away;

2) The house actually has greater value due to the publicity.