homestead - Re: [Homestead] Would you buy a house where a murder took place?

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Would you buy a house where a murder took place?
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 12:55:57 -0400

On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 10:21 AM, Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com> wrote:

> On Mar 24, 2008, at 6:42 AM, paxamicus AT earthlink.net wrote:
> >
> > I just wondered if I was being silly. ( And I'm ok with that, if I am,
> > I just wondered.)
>
> I wouldn't say silly. I would say temporarily off-balance.

No, I think your feelings or thoughts were valid. I don't have strong faith
in one religion or another though I consider myself spiritual. Something bad
happened in the home and you'd like to start fresh and make the place have a
good feel about it.

One way to overcome fear is to get full information.
> That is a house with serious character.
> It ain't the house's fault that she was so unhappy.

All good points, also Rob's that the house would probably sell for less than
what seems to be a great price as listed. The owner would be grateful to
have it sold.

Gene mentioned "friendly ghosts", the home may or may not have ghosts but
you wouldn't know until you lived there though I'm guessing and am no
expert. Some people would think that is cool. Would you?

Like Gene says, get the information because it is a neat place.

Lisa