homestead - Re: [Homestead] Would you buy a house where a murder took place?

  • From: paxamicus AT earthlink.net
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Would you buy a house where a murder took place?
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 22:38:40 -0400

I think my 6 yo reads my mind. Other than that, no.

The problem with my belief system is that I believe I don't know anything about this stuff, and that anything is a possibility. The other problem is I identify all too well with a depressed mother stuck out in the sticks. I know this is going to sound terrible, so if this comes out wrong, bear with me...but in a very sad way, I think mothers who kill their children AND THEN GO ON TO KILL THEMSELVES have become so deluded they think they are rescuing the kids from something worse than death The length of time and the seriousness of the situation seems to me something that would sink into a place. No, it's not the house's fault, but like it or no, I believe something of that resonates around. I guess it could be cleared, but really, I don't have anyone to go to for that. There is no High Priestess of Sitting Nekkid in the Sun 1rst Hedonist Church, cause that's pretty much as close to my religion as I can pin down.

The thing about hoping that she's friendly is...she might have been, but at that moment, she certainly wasn't, and while I might not expect malevolence, plain old sunk in sadness and trouble is no gift. I think it's kind of interesting that only women responded with the cleansing idea, and the only man who responded (I think) was all about getting the details to nail it down. : )

Celia