homestead - Re: [Homestead] Georgia water woes

  • From: Roy Morgan <k1lky AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Georgia water woes
  • Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 22:04:27 -0400

On Mar 15, 2008, at 10:53 AM, Clansgian AT wmconnect.com wrote:

And rightly so. Gov. Bredesen pointed out that state borders were
mis-surveyed hundreds of times

(Just delete if you heard this one.)

A Vermonter sat on his porch for a while and watched the survey party make it's way down the West side of his land. This had happened before, of course, but on the East side where the border with New Hampshire was.

Finally he wandered over there to see if they were lost. They told him that the border with New Hampshire was surveyed wrong years ago, and actually his farm was in New Hampshire, not Vermont.

"Damn good thing!" he said.
"I dunno if I could'a stood another one of them Vermont wintahs."

Roy,
Who grew up near both VT and NH.