homestead - [Homestead] Skeen country

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Skeen country
  • Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 15:19:59 -0700

On Mar 15, 2008, at 10:41 AM, Clansgian AT wmconnect.com wrote:

See if you can zoom in on Jacob's Creek Job Corps.

Got that. Ah, I thought you were on the other side of the lake. I happened onto one of Denise's Amazon reviews awhile back and read her profile which stated address of Bristol. Perhaps you use the American Legion Memorial Bridge to go there.

The stream that flows
through there is Little Jacob's Creek and empties into the lake at Jacob's Creek
Recreation Area. Just north is the larger Big Jacob's Creek.

Another Big Jacob's Creek near New Tazewell, TN overrides. Google Earth doesn't know the JC Rec area

Our place is on
the banks thereof, actually we are sort of the pennisula between Jacob's
Creek and Harper's Creek.

Harper's Creek shows west-southwest of where the eastward survey team realized that the westward team was drunk so they just made that angled connector to put the two lines together .

Well, I see the area but don't see you so you chose well. The revenooers would have to be locals to find you.

Looks a lot like my part of the Ozarks. Heavy woods, lots of hills, hollers and streams. About the same latitude. Higher elevation. Around 2,000 on the ridges?