homestead - Re: [Homestead] Georgia water woes

  • From: paxamicus AT earthlink.net
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Georgia water woes
  • Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 12:02:53 -0400

Well, there is that. I wasn't writing in sympathy, more a kind of train wreck watching horror.

On Mar 16, 2008, at 11:18 AM, Clansgian AT wmconnect.com wrote:

Can you imagine a city of millions not able to
flush? Or drink?

Atlanta's water troubles will be over when they 'cry me a river.' The
popular image is of poor Atlanteans turning the tap for a drink of water and having
to go away sad and parched. Even under the worst of times all they'd have to
do is stop watering lawns, filling swimming pools, and washing cars. Can you
imagine how many times you can get a glass of water and flush on what it takes
to fill a swimming pool! </HTML>